I have acted for employers, contractors and sub-contractors in construction contentious work in High Court and arbitration, involving, amongst others, issues of design, delay, quantum, variation and defects. I work collaboratively with clients to find tailored and lasting solutions.
- Arbitration and litigation on numerous construction matters including the construction of a public footbridge in connection with variation works and their measurement and valuation; an Hong Kong Housing Authority project in connection with the redecoration of a housing estate; an earthworks contracts in relation to a major railway infrastructure project; new hospital development under NEC main contract and subcontracts; and a DBO contract involving a sludge treatment facility in Hong Kong.
- Represented clients in general court proceedings including shareholders / directors disputes; the recovery of funds following the termination of a Memorandum of Understanding against a PRC individual and his nominee company; and disputes relating to licence agreements and agency agreements; and the enforcement of arbitration awards.
Construction Non-contentious Experience
- Advised professional body in Hong Kong on its registration regime and related regulatory matters; commercial contract drafting; prosecution brought under its name; personal data matters; and guidelines published under its name.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company in a dispute with an overseas supplier and trademarks owner relating to product distributions, trademark licenses and royalty payments.
- Acted for a shareholder/director of a private company which was the ultimate controlling parent company of a Hong Kong listed company in relation to disputes over the control of the board of directors.
- Acted for an airline company in a public inquiry relating to its application for a licence to operate scheduled air services in Hong Kong.
- Advised a committee appointed by the High Court to handle the affairs of a mentally incapacitated person.