Prior to joining MinterEllison, I received my Juris Doctor degree and bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Communication from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. I am fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Assisted in representing directors of companies listed on the Main Board in investigations commenced by the Securities and Futures Commission and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Assisted in representing a private client in Australia and a private company in Hong Kong in email fraud matters which involve applications for a Norwich Pharmacal order, an anonymity order and summary judgment.
- Assisted in advising various employers on post-employment issues and review of employee handbooks and policies etc..
- Assisted in advising a leading virtual insurer in Hong Kong on its insurance policies and service contracts.
Projects, Infrastructure and Construction
- Assisted in representing an interior decoration company (being a subsidiary of a company listed on the Main Board) in defending a court action brought by its sub-contractor which involves an application to strike out.
- Assisted in representing a construction company in commencing arbitration proceedings against the employer in a hotel development project.
- Assisted in arbitrations between a Chinese e-commerce company and its employees in respect of employee share option plans.
- Assisted in advising the sole sponsor in an initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Assisted in providing regulatory compliance advice on the amendments to Chapter 17 of the Main Board Listing Rules and amendments to constitutional documents etc. to companies listed on the Main Board.
- Assisted in advising on the restructuring and financing of two Hong Kong startups.