With broad experience in corporate finance and debt financing, my focus is on:
- Domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Equity capital markets works such as listing of securities on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, placing of securities, rights issues and open offers, and regulatory compliance works, for both sponsors and listing applicants / listed companies
- Debt financing transactions ranging from acquisition financing to property development financing, including bilateral loan transactions, club or syndicated facilities, placement of private and listed bonds, for both lenders / investors and borrowers / issuers
- Secondary debt trading such as loan participation and bond transfer, and debt restructuring
I am capable of utilising my expertise in both corporate finance and debt financing in advising each stage of a corporate’s life and providing tailored services to creditors and debtors.
The majority of the work undertaken by me is confidential, but some notable publicly reported transactions are:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted for Tesson Holdings Limited (HKEx stock code: 1201) and its wholly-owned subsidiary acting as the vendor (the “Vendor”), in relation to a disposal by the Vendor of a group of subsidiaries (together with corresponding shareholder’s loan) that principally engage in packaging and printing business in the PRC for the consideration of HK$700 million.
- Acted for China Vanadium Titano-Magnetite Mining Company Limited (HKEx stock code: 893) on two transactions, both in relation to the acquisition of a total of 81% equity interest in Mancala Holdings Limited, which holds a group of subsidiaries that operate specialist mining services in Australia and Vietnam for the aggregate consideration of HK$63.2 million involving the issue of listed consideration shares by listed client.
Equity Capital Markets
- Acted for CCB International Capital Limited, as sponsor’s Hong Kong legal advisor, in relation to the HK$1.28 billion initial public offering of Jiayuan International Holdings Limited (HKEx stock code: 2768) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Jiayuan International Holdings Limited is a property developer of large-scale residential and commercial complex projects in Jiangsu Province and other parts of China.
- Acted for Somerley Capital Limited, as sponsor’s Hong Kong legal advisor, in relation to the initial public offering of Amasse Capital Holdings Limited (HKEx stock code: 8168) on the GEM of HKSE. Amasse Capital engages in the provision of corporate finance advisory services.
Placing / Open Offer
- Acted for AMTD Asset Management Limited in relation to the placing of US$80 million 5.5% secured convertible bonds issued by Rentian Technology Holdings Limited (HKEx stock code: 0885).
- Acted for Carnival Group International Holdings Limited (HKEx stock code: 0996) on its fund raising of approximately HK$440 million by way of an open offer. The deal involved independent shareholders’ approval and a ‘whitewash waiver’ by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Private Placement of Bonds
- Acted for Heroic Day Limited, a subsidiary of a State-owned bank, in relation to its subscription of senior secured guaranteed notes in the aggregate principal amount of up to US$410 million and corresponding warrants issued by Zhuguang Holdings Group Company Limited (HKEx stock code: 1176).
- Acted for Huarong Investment Stock Corporation Limited (HKEx stock code: 2277) in relation to its subscription, via its wholly-owned subsidiary, of extendable senior secured bonds in the aggregate principal amount of up to HK$450 million issued by Intrend Ventures Limited.
- Acted for Munsun Capital Group Limited (now known as Bay Area Gold Group Limited) (HKEx stock code: 1194) in relation to its consent solicitation for the proposed amendment of the terms and conditions of its convertible bonds which have been issued in the aggregate principal amount of up to approximately HK$1.03 billion.