Upon graduation from the CUHK LLB programme with First-Class Honours and minoring in Linguistics (Hong Kong Sign Language), I focused on arbitration and alternative dispute resolution and was awarded Distinction in a Master’s Degree in the City University of Hong Kong. I am fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, and conversant in Hong Kong Sign Language.
I have been appointed to the position of Fellow at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), and Fellow at the Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (HKIArb).
Intellectual Property Department
- Assisting a famous commodity supplier in asserting and defending its trademark right in the People’s Republic of China (“PRC” or “China”) through investigation of counterfeit products, lodging infringement complaints and initiation of court actions.
- Assisting an international luxury fashion brand in asserting and defending its trademark right in China through filing trademark opposition proceedings.
- Assisted in advising a Canadian industrial company in evaluating the risk of using and registering its trademark in Hong Kong.
- Assisted in advising a Canadian food company in evaluating the risk of using its trademark on online selling platforms in mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Represented and assisted a famous Canadian premium athletic wear brand in successfully invalidated identical and confusingly similar trademarks registered by a trademark squatter through pursuing trademark invalidation action in the Hong Kong High Court.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed investment management company in taking actions against “shadow” companies in Hong Kong at the Companies Registry
Dispute Resolution Department
- Assisted in advising the Hong Kong Solicitors Indemnity Fund Limited, regarding breach of contract and negligence claims initiated by the buyer and mortgagee of a property transaction against a law firm.
- Assisted an insurer in reviewing its commercial contract with third party administrator to comply with the requirements under the new insurance regulatory regime.
- Assisted a client in obtaining a grant of letters of administration from the Probate Registry to administer the assets of a deceased (domiciled in Japan) in Hong Kong.
- Assisted in advising a group of manufacturing and trading companies (with principal place of business in Hong Kong and manufacturing operation in PRC) regarding additional profit tax levied by the Inland Revenue Department
- Ngan In Leng & Ors v Chu Yuet Wah HCA 388/2006: Assisted in representing members of a prominent Macanese family in claiming for over HK$100 million based on an oral share purchase agreement involving the sale and purchase of a hotel cum casino in Macau
- Assisted in advising the independent non-executive directors of a Hong Kong listed Chinese company in conducting an independent investigation, and advising on internal controls and matters relating to resumption of trading in its shares
- Assisted in advising a director of a Hong Kong listed company in an investigation commenced by the Securities and Futures Commission in relation to, among other things, allegations of disclosure and provision of false or misleading information, engaging in false trading, price rigging and/or stock market manipulation, offence involving fraudulent or deceptive devices in transactions etc.
- Assisted in advising an individual in investigation commenced by the Commercial Crime Bureau of the Hong Kong Police in relation to allegations of money laundering
- Advised a Switzerland-based international cookware and kitchenware manufacturer in its trading claims against its Hong Kong and PRC suppliers