I have acted for a wide spectrum of clients, including high-net-worth individuals, banks, insurance companies and construction companies.
I have experience in appearing as advocate in court hearings, including substantive hearings for contested matters. My banking in-house experience also enables me to provide a wider perspective and to offer practical and commercial solutions to clients’ legal problems.
I can speak and write English and Chinese.
Some of the cases I have acted in:
Shareholder / Boardroom Disputes, Commercial Litigation
- Defending shareholders’ claims for breach of directors’ duties, conspiracy to defraud and misrepresentation to shareholders.
- Handling investors’ claims for misappropriation of investment funds by directors/shareholders.
- Defending claims for default in repayment obligations under convertible notes.
- Advising insurers on issues relating to insurance policy terms and coverage, merit of claims by insureds, and grounds for insurers to avoid policies / reject claims or limit compensation, and representing insurers in related disputes; advising on the duties and roles of insurance agents/brokers.
- Representing a bank in handling customers’ claims for losses suffered from investment activities carried out through the bank; handling and advising on litigation/disputes involving banks.
- Advising on various banking legal issues relating to account opening, services agreement, operation of accounts, banking secrecy, personal data protection and other legal and regulatory matters.
Personal Injury / Employees’ Compensation, General Civil Litigation
- Acting in and advising on personal injury (fatal and non-fatal), employees’ compensation and contractual disputes.
- Acting in and advising on winding-up and bankruptcy proceedings; advising on insolvency matters.
- Acting for defendants in criminal proceedings, and handling charges for money laundering, conspiracy to defraud and other complex offences.
- Representing and advising persons being investigated by police / regulatory authority.